Friday, April 22, 2011

It is getting close now..but not really

At the beginning of this process, I honestly thought the 9 months was a super long time. It seemed like plenty of time to get everything done, relax and enjoy the preparation phase (and the designated driver). I even thought the arrival of the little one seemed pretty far away.

I don't really feel that way at all now. Sarah reminded me there is only about 58 days left until the due date (which could mean less then 58 days or more). That seems awful close! That is less then a season! I have said to a few people, well as the weather gets nicer, the baby gets closer! Temperatures are forecasted for 68 next week, and the flowers are in bloom in the front yard.

I wouldn't say that I am freaking out or anything. I pretty much think everything is ready, or as ready as it is going to be. The baby's room is all set up, walls painted, crib built, changing table built, and all diapers are being prepared today. The only outstanding item is the closet (which I am a pro at, so no sweat there). I don't think I even know how to prepare my self, but that doesn't really bother me, because I know it will be 18 plus years of not really knowing what I am doing (as many parents have told me).

I guess the realization is starting to really set in though, that we will have a tenant soon! I got to kind of see him/ her the other day, on one of those fancy 3D ultra sounds. It was a really neat thing to see. The baby seemed a bit shy though (that is from Sarah not me). He/She was hiding behind some of Sarah's body parts. I tried to get her to move them, but it wasn't working out. Any way, it was really amazing to see the babies face. As I sit here and preseverate about time ticking away, I also can't wait to meet the little one!

With my eagerness to meet the new member of the tribe, comes the fact that their is still like two more months to go. I mean we are close, but no that close. It is kind of like when some one is baking a delicous meal, like Thanksgiving Dinner, and the turkey is cooking great, and everything smells awesome, your mouth begins to water, but you still have an hour or so before you can put any thing in your mouth! Yeah, I think that is how I kind of feel.

On that note, I am off to go eat lunch.

No comments: